After scouring the web and doing a lot of research, we have come up with a definite men’s shoe size chart.
We have also included a men’s shoe size chart with conversions for other countries including UK, EU, AU & India. Also check out our shoe fitting guide below for men!
Men’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart For US, UK, EU, AU & IND
For more men’s shoe size charts and information, check out Wikipedia for some great charts.
How To Measure Men’s Feet At Home Using The Men’s Shoe Size Chart
If you plan on doing some online shopping, being able to measure your feet at home is very important. This will ensure that you get the correct fitted pair of shoes that you won’t have to send back! So here are our top tips on how to get a perfect fitting pair of shoes online.
1. Measure your feet in the afternoon: This may sound strange, but your feet actually swell during that day. This is due to walking, standing for prolonged times, running, exercise and general movement. In fact this swelling can actually result in a larger shoe size. That is why we always recommend to try on shoes later in the day for the best fit.
2. Measure feet from back of the heel: Many times we see people measuring their feet from home which is great! But many times they get it slightly wrong. One of the biggest issue is that they trace around their foot, including the underside of the heel. If you look at your heel closely, you will see there is a slight lip that protrudes.
Measuring underneath this can actually result in a smaller shoe size for men. So it is best to but your heel against a wall and then measure to the tip of your longest toe (it isn’t always your big toe). If you don’t have a ruler around, you can use a printable ruler to measure out your feet.
3. Be sure to measure both feet: Another great hack to get the best fitting shoes for men is to measure both feet. Oddly enough, many times your feet are actually slightly different sizes. This is thanks to width, longer toes, larger soles and so on. So we recommend to take the measurement of your largest foot and use that as reference.
4. Wear your go to socks: One other hack to ensure you get a great fitted pair of kicks is to wear your favourite pair of socks. Say for example you are buying some dress shoes, it would be then best to measure your feet with some think black dress socks. It would be the same for gym shoes with a thicker white gym sock.
5. Allow for some wiggle room: A good rule of thumb is to allow for some extra wiggle room, especially if you are buying for a child or toddler. This extra wiggle room will allow for extra growth and will let your feet breathe.
Hopefully this guide on men’s shoe size chart has been helpful. If we have missed anything or if you have any questions, please let us know down below in the comments!